I acknowledge by signing this agreement that I have been given the full opportunity to ask any and all questions which I might have about the obtaining of a tattoo and that all of my questions have been answered to my full satisfaction. I specifically acknowledge I have been advised of the facts and matters set forth below and I agree as follows:
• If I have any condition that might affect the healing of this tattoo, I will advise my tattooer.
I am not pregnant and understand the potential risk of being tattooed while breastfeeding. I am not under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
• I do not have medical or skin conditions such as but not limited to: acne, scarring (Keloid) eczema, psoriasis, freckles, moles or sunburn in the area to be tattooed that may interfere with said tattoo. If I have any type of infection or rash anywhere on my body, I will advise my tattooer.
• I acknowledge it is not reasonably possible for the representatives and employees of this tattoo studio to determine whether I might have an allergic reaction to the pigments or processes used in my tattoo, and I agree to accept the risk that such a reaction is possible.
• I acknowledge that infection is always possible as a result of the obtaining of a tattoo, particularly in the event that I do not take proper care of my tattoo. I have received aftercare instructions and I agree to follow them while my tattoo is healing. I agree that any touch-up work needed, due to my own negligence, will be done at my own expense unless otherwise agreed upon with my tattooer.
• I realize that variations in color and design may exist between any tattoo as selected by me and as ultimately applied to my body. I understand that ink colors may appear differently on different skin tones; brighter on lighter melanin, deeper on darker melanin.
• I understand that if I have any skin treatments - laser hair removal, plastic surgery, or other skin altering procedures - it may result in adverse changes to my tattoo.
• I acknowledge that a tattoo is a permanent change to my appearance and that no representations have been made to me as to the ability to later change or remove my tattoo. To my knowledge, I do not have a physical, mental, or medical impairment or disability that might affect my well-being as a direct or indirect result of my decision to have a tattoo.
• I acknowledge I am over the age of eighteen and that I have truthfully represented to my tattooer that the obtaining of a tattoo is by my choice alone. I consent to the application of the tattoo and to any actions or conduct of the representatives and employees of the tattoo shop reasonably necessary to perform the tattoo procedure.